Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"Kidnapped"



I get a phone call on Friday from one of my very best friends... Samantha (aka Baby Hank's Mom). I answer, tell her that I will have to call her back, she says ok but I just wanted you to know that I am kidnapping you on Sunday & then she hangs up.

When I called her back she said that I needed a break/mini-vacation & that she would not take no for an answer. I agreed, because it is way easier to go along with what she says... trust me ;)I've known the girl for 10 years AND besides, I really did need a get-a-way.

So Sunday after church we all met back at my house, loaded my Tahoe and headed to New Braunfels. Now I went to school at Southwest Texas State University (now known as Texas State) and I LOVE to float the river! We met her husband, Derric's, best friend there. We met some other friends for dinner on Sunday night, woke up Monday and floated the Comal twice. So relaxing and fun. The first float was calm but the second time around we had plenty of people on the river with us. At one point a band had set up by the water... good times!



***Side note: Out of all of the times I have floated that river, I do not recall losing anything. So of course the first time down the shoot I lose my sunglasses and get stuck to the left (if you have floated the Comal you know what I am talking about).

After Danny & I caught up to Samantha and Derric we go through a little mini rapid. Samantha yells ahead to me, "Don't forget to pick up your butt." I stated that this was not my first rodeo and went on. Pretty sure you can guess what happened next... I didn't lift up far enough and now I have a HUGE bruise on my bottom... OUCH!



After all was said and done we had a blast. Hank went with us but he did not float. Samantha's mom came up for the day to watch him for us... thank you Ms. Donna! Needless to say this was a much different river trip than I have ever taken and to be perfectly honest I loved it. We are all growing up, getting older, getting married and having babies... I like the "new" way we float.



Thanks Samantha... Love you lady!

I hope that all of you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment