Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Oh Yeah, Weddings...

So as I sit here I realize that the purpose of this blog is to give helpful hints, stories, and hopefully useful information about weddings. I have not been doing much of that HOWEVER with my wedding season picking up, I figure I need to jump on it and post some thoughts.

I am attending a wedding next weekend. (this is a treat for me because I do not attend many, I am usually the behind the scenes person). One of my brother's friends from college is "tying the knot" at a beautiful venue called Washington on the Brazos. This will be a formal wedding and I am very excited to go. I just wanted to give a tip to all guests... when replying to the invitation you must reply as follows. IF the invitation includes your name and guest, you may take a guest with you to the wedding. IF it only has your name you can only respond with one, you cannot add a guest. Also, you may not show up with a guest that you did not RSVP for. This will ultimately get the bride all worked up especially if there is assigned seating.

Weddings are a number game. The bride has worked very hard on her wedding. She has it down to the dollar amount for the number of people that have RSVP'd. Please be courteous and respectful of the couples wishes. If you were the only name on the invitation then you are the only one being asked to attend.

Weddings are expensive. If you are not married OR a planner, you do not have the concept of the money situation and that is okay. Just be respectful of the invitation.

Hopefully this will help all of you... especially brides!

No comments:

Post a Comment