Thursday, March 25, 2010

OH the days.....





Lately I have realized just hold "old" I am getting. For example, I require much more sleep now than I use to. I mean if I am not in bed by 10pm I'm mad about it. What is the deal?!?!?!?!? I am only 28.

Last week I was able to go and visit a great friend of mine from college... one of my best to be exact. She now lives, with her husband, in beautiful Savannah. My grandparents have lived their for 24 years and I love it. Other than being beautiful they really know how to "do" St. Patrick's Day. This was the second year that I went to visit Lauren and Jeff for this holiday. It just so happens to fall on Spring Break so it makes me feel like we were back in college. So fun! Lauren & I consider ourselves experts at parading. For example, we know that you have to get down to the parade route super early, bring ice chests, beverages and food to last about 6 hours, & meet nice people. We definitely have this down. Last year, Lauren & I, met two nice couples. We were lucky enough to see this again this year. Yes, we sit at the same place every year... Bull & Bay. Lauren's husband, Jeff, is an ARMY Ranger and he marches in the parade. What they do in Georgia is all the ladies put on RED lipstick and kiss the men in the parade... especially the soldiers :) I do not have pictures from this year of it because I took video. We had a blast! After the parade, a few of Jeff's friends live on River Street. (It is basically Main Street in Downtown Houston Texas). GREAT location. There we played games, talked, danced, just had a grand ole time. The day after St. Patty's Day Jeff and I had to wake up early to take Lauren's brother Brian to the airport... 4 am to be exact. Not Fun! All in all it was a WoNdErFuL week...Thank you Lauren & Jeff for such a great visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment