Monday, May 3, 2010

It Finally Happened


(Kristen, Melissa, me, Ashley, Jaynee)


I remember all of my friends, and really people in general, say I cannot believe he/she is getting married. I never really understood that because God invented marriage. He wants us to marry. Well this weekend it finally happened to me... not in the bad Oh my goodness, I cannot believe he is getting married, but the fact that one of my best guy friends from college would be walking down the isle to marry such a fabulous woman. Those that know him knew that he would be emotional and cry but I really don't think we knew how much. I mean Dawid (yes that is spelled correctly) he could not stay on the bus with all of the guys because he would tear up. Now I love this guy. We made tons of great memories in college and I can say with full confidence that his bride, Jenna, is the female version of him... crazy! haha


(Dawid, me, Jason)

This was an out of town wedding. We all got there on Friday night, had a late night with the groom, had a fantastic time at the wedding and then spent Sunday driving home. We use to all live within 5 minutes of each other.... oh so sad now. It was wonderful seeing faces that I have not seen since college. I forget how much fun we use to have, and still continue to have with each other.



So here are the details:

Wedding: Catholic, good looking bridal party, emotional for the bride and groom, jump in our cars and head to the reception.

Reception: at the Opera House in Columbus Texas, on the second floor, big stage, live band, a dj, great food and drinks, tons of dancing and picture taking. The best way to sum up the reception is by saying two things.

1. We ended the night with Shout playing in the back ground while shaking champagne bottles and dancing under it coming down on us.
2. The bride and groom left the reception riding a two person bicycle. Now that is the best exit I have ever seen!



We definitely made memories this weekend. Congratulations to Dawid and Jenna, love you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment