Monday, May 17, 2010

All You Need Is Love...

Simple words with a not so simple meaning or is it? All you need is love. Great song sang best, in my opinion, by The Beatles. This song pops up in movies, tv shows, and in my head all of the time. There are those songs that you wish were not stuck in your head but this is not one of mine. I love this song. Speaking of love, there are many different forms of the word L-O-V-E.

Friend love, Love for family, Love for my friends children, Love for a pet, Love for people, Love for a husband or a wife, and then there is the most important kind of love... the love for Jesus.

The love that I have for my parents and brother is insane. Not to get sad on you but the thought of one of them dying causes me to tear up instantly. I would lay my life down for one of them and not think twice about it. The other day I thought about that love... that is the same love that God has for us. WOW! I do not know why I had never put that connection together, probably because I do not like to think about my parents or my brother dying so I quickly get that thought out of my head. This time I pondered... if my love is that great I cannot imagine the love that God feels for us. It is way bigger than how I feel about my parents and brother.

Love is one of the most precious gifts that can be given. To be loved, to hear those words, to say those words. They wrap around you like a towel right out of the dryer :) What an amazing feeling!

As God is sending me change-ups in my life, I remember that He loves me. That is enough to put a smile on my face, step up to the plate and hit those change-ups.

So L-O-V-E... what do you think about it? Easy to say and mean? Easy to do? Easy to be loved? It is by the Lord. What an amazingly wonderful love He has for us.

Speaking of love, the below site is my friend SARAH'S blog. She is a courageous, powerful, sweet, funny, good time, Godly woman and I would love for you to check out her blog IF for no other reason than... I love her :)


Sarah's Blog http://solongsarah.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment